Friday 29 March 2013

My Handbag Obsession

As you well know, girls fall into two categories: girls who like bags and girls who like shoes. Being 5ft9 barefoot myself, I do not get the same kick out of footwear that others do. While many fawn over a pretty pair of heels for a night on the town or gaze starry-eyed in awe at some strappy sandals for a hot summers day, I tend to stand back and, with some reluctance, am compelled to choose the sensible over the stylish.

I have therefore compensated for my shortcomings in the foot department by channeling my unfulfilled passion for shoes into lust for handbags. My collection is by no means a big one but I more often than not find myself on the lookout for any can-be and, more wantonly, any would-be additions.


I say "would-be" because unfortunately I cannot afford to shop for Gucci handbags the same way I might pick out some Granny Smiths in a supermarket. Until then, I have to resign myself to the simple pleasure of drooling over them in Selfridge's window displays - not quite the same as being the proud possessor of sublime leather goods such as these but whoever said there was any harm in dreaming big?
Mulberry Nude Willow Tote
Dior Diorissimo Orange Bag
Valentino Rockstud in green
Prada Twinstrap Summer Tote
Miu Miu Matelasse Luxe
Moschino Red Quilted Tote




1 comment:

  1. I'm obsessed with handbags too! Just cannot get enough! You can see when you click my "lust list" link on on my blog :)
    Great blog!
    I followed you :)

    http://theeoptimist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete